By Bhushan Lakhe
Practical Hadoop Security is a wonderful source for directors making plans a creation Hadoop deployment who want to safe their Hadoop clusters. A certain consultant to the security ideas and configuration within Hadoop itself, writer Bhushan Lakhe takes you thru a complete study of find out how to enforce outlined defense inside of a Hadoop cluster in a hands-on manner.
you are going to begin with a special assessment of all of the defense strategies to be had for Hadoop, including popular extensions like Kerberos and OpenSSH, after which delve right into a hands-on implementation of consumer defense (with illustrated code samples) with either in-the-box positive factors and with protection extensions carried out by means of prime proprietors.
No defense process is entire and not using a tracking and tracing facility, so Practical Hadoop Security subsequent steps you through audit logging and tracking applied sciences for Hadoop, in addition to able to use implementation and configuration examples--again with illustrated code samples.
The booklet concludes with crucial point of Hadoop safeguard – encryption. either different types of encryptions, for information in transit and information at relaxation, are mentioned at size with best open resource tasks that combine without delay with Hadoop at no licensing cost.
Practical Hadoop Security:
- Explains significance of safety, auditing and encryption inside a Hadoop install
- Describes how the prime avid gamers have included those good points inside of their Hadoop distributions and supplied extensions
- Demonstrates the best way to organize and use those positive aspects on your gain and make your Hadoop deploy safe with no impacting functionality or ease of use
By Christopher Hadnagy
Learn to spot the social engineer through non-verbal behavior
Unmasking the Social Engineer: The Human section of Security specializes in combining the technological know-how of knowing non-verbal communications with the information of ways social engineers, rip-off artists and con males use those abilities to construct emotions of belief and rapport of their goals. the writer is helping readers know how to spot and observe social engineers and scammers through reading their non-verbal habit. Unmasking the Social Engineer indicates how assaults paintings, explains nonverbal communications, and demonstrates with visuals the relationship of non-verbal habit to social engineering and scamming.
• sincerely combines either the sensible and technical facets of social engineering security
• unearths some of the soiled tips that scammers use
• Pinpoints what to seem for at the nonverbal part to become aware of the social engineer
Sharing confirmed medical technique for analyzing, realizing, and decoding non-verbal communications, Unmasking the Social Engineer hands readers with the information had to support defend their organizations.
By Sherri Davidoff, Jonathan Ham
“This is a must have paintings for anyone in details safety, electronic forensics, or concerned with incident dealing with. As we circulation clear of conventional disk-based research into the interconnectivity of the cloud, Sherri and Jonathan have created a framework and roadmap that might act as a seminal paintings during this constructing field.”
– Dr. Craig S. Wright (GSE), Asia Pacific Director at international Institute for Cyber safeguard + Research.
“It’s like a symphony assembly an encyclopedia assembly a secret agent novel.”
–Michael Ford, Corero community Security
On the net, each motion leaves a mark–in routers, firewalls, internet proxies, and inside community site visitors itself. while a hacker breaks right into a financial institution, or an insider smuggles secrets and techniques to a competitor, proof of the crime is often left behind.
Learn to acknowledge hackers’ tracks and discover network-based proof in Network Forensics: monitoring Hackers via Cyberspace. Carve suspicious electronic mail attachments from packet captures. Use circulate documents to trace an interloper as he pivots during the community. study a real-world instant encryption-cracking assault (and then crack the main yourself). Reconstruct a suspect’s net browsing history–and cached websites, too–from an internet proxy. discover DNS-tunneled site visitors. Dissect the Operation Aurora make the most, stuck at the wire.
Throughout the textual content, step by step case reviews advisor you thru the research of network-based facts. you could obtain the proof documents from the authors’ site (lmgsecurity.com), and keep on with alongside to realize hands-on experience.
Hackers go away footprints all around the net. are you able to locate their tracks and remedy the case? decide up Network Forensics and locate out.
By Johnny Cache, Joshua Wright, Vincent Liu
The most recent instant safeguard solutions
Protect your instant platforms from crippling assaults utilizing the certain defense info during this finished quantity. completely up-to-date to hide cutting-edge verified and rising instant applied sciences, Hacking uncovered Wireless, moment variation unearths how attackers use on hand and customized instruments to focus on, infiltrate, and hijack weak platforms. This e-book discusses the most recent advancements in wireless, Bluetooth, ZigBee, and DECT hacking, and explains how one can practice penetration exams, strengthen WPA security schemes, mitigate packet injection probability, and lock down Bluetooth and RF units. state-of-the-art suggestions for exploiting wireless consumers, WPA2, cordless telephones, Bluetooth pairing, and ZigBee encryption also are lined during this absolutely revised consultant.
- Build and configure your wireless assault arsenal with the easiest and software program instruments
- Explore universal weaknesses in WPA2 networks throughout the eyes of an attacker
- Leverage post-compromise distant buyer assaults on home windows 7 and Mac OS X
- Master assault instruments to take advantage of instant structures, together with Aircrack-ng, coWPAtty, Pyrit, IPPON, FreeRADIUS-WPE, and the all new KillerBee
- Evaluate your possibility to software program replace impersonation assaults on public networks
- Assess your chance to eavesdropping assaults on wireless, Bluetooth, ZigBee, and DECT networks utilizing advertisement and customized instruments
- Develop complicated abilities leveraging software program outlined Radio and different versatile frameworks
- Apply accomplished defenses to guard your instant units and infrastructure
Download E-books The Intensification of Surveillance: Crime, Terrorism and Warfare in the Information Age PDF
By Kirstie Ball
Our private and non-private lives are less than surveillance as by no means prior to. no matter if we're procuring with a bank card, strolling down the road or emailing a colleague at paintings, our actions are monitored. Surveillance has turn into extra regimen, extra built-in and extra intrusive. it will be significant to invite how and why this could be so, and examine what the implications are. due to the fact September eleventh 2001 surveillance has intensified additional. but even supposing members, teams, governments and states are extra heavily monitored, our protection isn't really guaranteed. The members to this quantity discover the huge variety of concerns with regards to elevated surveillance. what's going in a space clouded by way of secrecy from the kingdom and complacent reassurances from organisations? How will we tune suspects and wrestle crime with out additionally eroding our civil liberties and sacrificing our rights to privateness? Does digital tagging of prisoners paintings? What are shops as much as with 'lifestyle profiling'? concentrating on those and different matters comparable to paedophilia, money-laundering, info conflict, cybercrime, and similar laws, this booklet spotlights advantages and prices of surveillance, and indicates the way it is probably going to strengthen sooner or later. specialists from Europe and the United States provide a global point of view on what's now a world factor, making this publication of curiosity to a variety of humans together with criminal practitioners, legislation enforcement corporations, policymakers and scholars around the social sciences.
Reflecting the most recent advancements from the knowledge defense box, best-selling defense+ consultant to community protection basics, 4e offers the most up-tp-date assurance to be had whereas completely getting ready readers for the CompTIA safety+ SY0-301 certification examination. Its finished creation to useful community and computing device protection covers all the the hot CompTIA protection+ examination targets. state-of-the-art assurance of the hot version contains virtualization, cellular units, and different traits, in addition to new themes resembling mental techniques to social engineering assaults, net software assaults, penetration checking out, facts loss prevention, cloud computing defense, and alertness programming improvement safeguard.
By Michael W Lucas
OpenPGP is the main regularly occurring e mail encryption commonplace on this planet. it's according to PGP (Pretty stable privateness) as initially built by means of Phil Zimmermann. The OpenPGP protocol defines normal codecs for encrypted messages, signatures, and certificate for changing public keys.
PGP & GPG is an easy-to learn, casual instructional for enforcing digital privateness at the affordable utilizing the normal instruments of the e-mail privateness box - advertisement PGP and non-commercial GnuPG (GPG). The ebook exhibits tips to combine those OpenPGP implementations into the most typical e mail consumers and the way to take advantage of PGP and GPG in day-by-day electronic message to either ship and obtain encrypted email.
The PGP & GPG booklet is written for the reasonably expert desktop person who's surprising with public key cryptography yet who's however attracted to guarding their e mail privateness. Lucas's trademark casual and secure tone makes public key cryptography as basic and transparent as attainable, in order that any kind of savvy desktop consumer can comprehend it.
By Paulo Shakarian, Andrew Ruef
Introduction to Cyber-Warfare: A Multidisciplinary process, written via specialists at the entrance traces, can provide an insider's look at the realm of cyber-warfare by utilizing fresh case reports. The booklet examines the problems regarding cyber struggle not just from a working laptop or computer technological know-how viewpoint yet from army, sociological, and clinical views in addition. you are going to find out how cyber-warfare has been played long ago in addition to why a variety of actors depend upon this new technique of war and what steps might be taken to avoid it.
- Provides a multi-disciplinary method of cyber-warfare, studying the data know-how, army, coverage, social, and clinical concerns which are in play
- Presents exact case experiences of cyber-attack together with inter-state cyber-conflict (Russia-Estonia), cyber-attack as a component of a knowledge operations procedure (Israel-Hezbollah,) and cyber-attack as a device opposed to dissidents inside of a nation (Russia, Iran)
- Explores cyber-attack performed by way of huge, robust, non-state hacking firms comparable to nameless and LulzSec
- Covers cyber-attacks directed opposed to infrastructure, reminiscent of water remedy crops and power-grids, with an in depth account of Stuxent
By Daniel Yergin
A grasp storyteller in addition to a number one strength specialist, Daniel Yergin keeps the riveting tale all started in his Pulitzer Prize–winning publication, The Prize. In The Quest, Yergin exhibits us how strength is an engine of worldwide political and monetary swap and clash, in a narrative that spans the energies on which our civilization has been equipped and the hot energies which are competing to exchange them.
The Quest tells the interior tales, tackles the cruel questions, and divulges outstanding insights approximately coal, electrical energy, and normal fuel. He explains how weather switch turned an excellent factor and leads readers throughout the rebirth of renewable energies, strength independence, and the go back of the electrical motor vehicle. Epic in scope and not extra well timed, The Quest vividly finds the choices, applied sciences, and participants which are shaping our destiny.
Terrorist teams and arranged crime cartels pose an expanding probability of kidnapping all through many areas within the notice. while, foreign shuttle has develop into extra standard for either enterprise and relaxation reasons. Kidnapping and Abduction: Minimizing the chance and classes in Survival provides a realistic advisor at the precautions tourists can take to prevent being abducted or derail a kidnapping try out in development. within the occasion this can't be shunned, the ebook provides suggestion on find out how to be sure survival in the course of captivity.
Readers will learn:
- The uncomplicated parts of kidnapping and abduction
- The motivations and mechanisms of kidnappers
- The hotspots the place kidnapping/hostage taking is prevalent
- Vehicles most suitable for avoidance of kidnap possibility and suggestions for up-armoring an present vehicle
- How to acknowledge instant threats and precautions to be taken in assessing possibility level
- The varieties of guns such a lot preferred via kidnappers and their chance level
- Available bullet-resistant fabrics and their use in stab- and bullet-resistant vests
- Resistance methodologies and guns for self-defense
- Legislation in quite a few nations bearing on the sporting of weapons
- How to outlive long term abduction if kidnapped
- How to most sensible help the professionals as soon as released
Essential analyzing for a person dwelling, doing company, or touring overseas or at sea, this functional guide unearths strategies that most sensible allow these at risk of shield opposed to an attack―or within the worse-case situation, bring up their percentages for survival.