We are a business with a vision: to be the UK’s leading customer-centric one-stop broadcasting equipment rental company. This enables us to offer exceptional opportunities to inspiring minds: people with the insight, passion and ideas to positively embrace new challenges, adding real value to everything we do.
We offer our employees the chance to make a genuine impact. We value diverse opinions in a stimulating and fun environment where everyone has the chance to share in our success. Our environment enables every employee to realise their potential. We value your unique perspectives, invest in your potential and encourage your personal and professional growth.
Diversity & Inclusion
We are committed to an inclusive culture that embraces, leverages, and respects the diversity of our people, our clients, and our communities in order to reach our aspiration to be the UK’s leading customer-centric one-stop broadcasting equipment rental company. We foster an inclusive and respectful work environment where every employee can contribute his or her best work, succeed based on merit, and be rewarded appropriately. Inclusion requires an appreciation for the value that difference brings. To that end, we seek to attract, develop and retain the best people, who reflect the communities in which we operate. Talent comes from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities, beliefs, backgrounds, and experiences.
Commitment to You
When you build your future with us, we’ll empower you to be yourself and grow both personally and professionally. We’re a close-knit, diverse organisation - a place where individuals make all the difference. We value your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas, and we’re determined to think differently and challenge the status quo. We’re passionate about rewarding great performance, working together to share sustainable success. We’ll recognise your contribution, and provide you with training and challenging work to help drive your career development. We will also encourage you to value your life outside work and enjoy it to the full, so that you join us each day with real energy, enthusiasm and purpose.
Audio Systems Engineer +-
Reports to: Head of Audio
Location: Crawley, RH10 9TU
Presteigne Broadcast Hire are currently seeking an engineer who can assist the Audio Department in delivering well maintained and properly prepared audio and communications equipment to our customers. This role requires a flexible work attitude with the possibility of ad hoc periods of lengthy days to meet deadlines. The Audio Department is responsible for overseeing the sound and communications elements of both box-hire items as well as our own bespoke systems and Portable Production Units. They will be responsible to ensure all contracts are ready for despatch within the required timescale and ensure equipment is kept serviceable for future use. Dependant on experience, occasional on-site work may be required, up to and including guarantee level.
- Test and basic maintenance of audio and communications equipment.
- Bespoke configuration of equipment as per customers’ requirement.
- Project preparation and collation.
- Ensuring all equipment is ready as per specified timeline.
- Liaising with customers and suppliers.
- Co-ordinating RF equipment and ensuring OFCOM licences are issued where necessary
- Liaising with Managers and Coordinators on timelines & all requirements.
- Ensuring all day-to-day “Box Hire” leaves in a timely and presentable manner.
- Ensuring firmware is kept up to date where relevant.
- Assist the Project team with configuration of Portable Production Units.
- Experience of working with Broadcast audio and communications equipment.
- Competence in either RTS or Riedel communications equipment an advantage.
- Ability to problem solve and adapt to changing criteria.
- Working knowledge of industry standard equipment (microphones, mixers etc) and terminology.
- Can-do attitude extremely important together with flexibility, adaptability and common sense.
- Well organised with a high level of attention to detail.
- Highly motivated, pro-active and ability to work and remain calm under pressure.
- Good written, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience of and enjoys working as part of a team and independently.
- IT literate in Word, Excel, MS Outlook.
- Must be able to commute to Manor Royal, Crawley, preferably with a full driving license.
The role operates on a shift basis between the hours of 8:00 am to 7:00 pm, Monday to Friday
This is an excellent opportunity to work within a fast paced technology led industry with a competitive salary based on qualifications and experience. A great Company pension, 20 days annual leave increasing up to 25 days, private medical, life insurance, free parking.